Are you an insurance agent? If not, are you looking to become one? It can all seem very confusing at first as there are so many different things one can do in the insurance field, but the underlying focus for most insurance agents is to drive as many sales as possible. After all, this is what provides revenue and earnings.
PoSP (Point of Sale Person) is a new type of license for insurance agents that was created by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India) in 2015. It’s now the best way to enter insurance agent career. Why? Insurance agents are tied to a single company and can sell only products from that one insurer in the given category, i.e. life or non-life. But customers today demand more – they want to know all their options and look for advice from agents on choosing the best product. A PoSP (Point of Sale Person) license or certification lets you do just that. As a PoSP (Point of Sale Person) you can sell policies of multiple insurance companies, across both life and non-life categories, such as term life, ULIP, endowment life, motor, health, personal accident, home and travel. PoSP (Point of Sale Person) is thus a wider concept than a traditional insurance agent license. Therefore most individuals now choose the PoSP (Point of Sale Person) path for agent career.
So how do you get PoSP certified?
This is where we at Turtlemint step in. We have created a platform for both aspiring and existing insurance agents to sell insurance policies using our mobile application and website called MintPro. Improvements in technology and online accessibility have made a huge difference to the insurance industry. Previously what used to be a time-consuming job that required an insurance agent to spend time meeting people individually to sell insurance policies can now be done in just a few taps using MintPro.
Becoming an insurance agent using MintPro is very straightforward. In order to be eligible to sell insurance policies, you must be PoSP certified. With our app, all you have to do is spend just 15 hours completing our interactive training course and online test in order to become an IRDAI certified Point of Sale person. Once you are certified, you can get much more recognition and increase your earnings potential. The difference with doing so through MintPro though is that we are not restrictive – once you are certified, you will be able to sell policies from multiple insurers across multiple categories and not be tied down to just one particular insurance provider or policy category for that matter. Once you are certified, you can get started with selling policies in 3 simple steps:
PoSP Insurance Agent Certification Eligibility and Process:
As laid down by IRDAI, there are two specific qualification criteria to become an agent. If you meet these criteria you can apply for a career in insurance. The criteria are as follows –
- You should be at least 18 years old
- For your educational qualification, you should have passed at least Class 10
Anyone who fulfils these basic criteria can enrol to become an agent. Thus, the insurance industry can provide jobs for freshers, jobs for fresh graduates, part time jobs for graduates, jobs for college students, even housewives and retired individuals.
So what do you, the POSP certified agent get out of using MintPro? Let us take a look at the benefits and features of MintPro.
- Get all your quotes in one place – At MintPro, we have more than 20 insurance companies on our platform for motor, term life and health insurance sectors. You can access all the quotes online, making it so easy to show a prospect all the plans and also enables you to explain the policies while they can compare them.
- Paper-less work environment – Using our app or website makes the whole process of buying insurance seamless and easy for both, you and your clients. In a few minutes, you can choose a plan, compare prices and the policy can be instantly issued to the client. The policy will then be sent straight to their inbox saving everyone of the hassle of having to print out important documents. Furthermore, having the policy in their inbox means that the client won’t lose ever access to it. This is great because using less paper means you are easting much less paper and are practising being a ‘green office’.
- Manage all the renewals and claims – Our app will keep a track of when a client has to renew their insurance plan or update their claims. This makes it easy for you to be aware of all your clients and where they are at with their insurance plan.
- Get trained in all the latest products – Using MintPro means whenever there is a new insurance product, you will be getting trained to understand all you need to know about that particular product. This is handy because you can always go back to the training video for a refresher on the product.
- Generate leads – With so much time being saved using MintPro, you can put more effort into increasing your number of active leads through the use of marketing tools – be it Whatsapp, emailers, text messages, social media or any other way you may find proftable. You are no longer too busy to focus on marketing your business so make use of the extra time that can be appreciated when using the app.
- 24×7 claims support for your customers – You can count on us for any service needs. We have a dedicated claims support team, accessible to you to help with all your possible client queries.
With so many benefits on offer, it would definitely be a good idea to register yourself on MintPro. It is a one stop shop for insurance solutions whereby as an insurance agent, you can be guaranteed access to continuous education, more information and the freedom to sell insurance plans on your own time without the worry of having to chase down customers for non payment or late payment.
Get started with your road to being an insurance agent today. Visit www.mintpro.in or download our app!
Read more about
Read more about
Read more about