ICICI is a leading name in the insurance industry, both life and general. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company was formed in 2001 for selling life insurance policies. The company is a venture between ICICI Bank Limited and Prudential Corporation Holdings Limited. ICICI Lombard, on the other hand, is in the general insurance business. ICICI Lombard is promoted by ICICI Bank which is one the most reputed private sector banks in India.
If you want to choose a career in insurance as an insurance agent, you need to fulfil some eligibility criteria. The basic eligibility criteria are simple and is as follows –
- Your age should be 18 years and above
- You should have cleared Class 10 if you live in a rural area and Class 12 if you live in an urban or semi-urban area
If these two criteria are fulfilled, you can apply for insurance agency with any insurance company. To become an ICICI insurance agent you would have to do the following –
- Register with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited by filling up a registration form and paying the required fees. If you want to become a general insurance agent, register with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited.
- Once you are registered, you would have to undertake a classroom training of 25 hours to qualify for the insurance agent exam. This training is prescribed and mandated by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- After you complete the training, you would have to appear for an online insurance agent exam which is also prescribed by the IRDAI.
- You have to clear the exam with at least 40% marks
- If you clear the exam you get the license of insurance agency and become an agent with ICICI.
The Mintpro alternative
You have another alternative to become an ICICI insurance agent. That alternative is offered by Mintpro. You can register yourself with Mintpro and become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP).
Who is a Point of Sale Person (PoSP)?
A Point of Sale Person (PoSP) is a type of insurance agent who can sell both life insurance and general insurance plans. A Point of Sale Person (PoSP) can also represent multiple insurance companies.
How to become Point of Sale Person (PoSP)?
To become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) with Mintpro all you have to do is the following –
- Register online on Mintpro’s website if you are at least 18 years old and have cleared Class 10
- There is an online training conducted by videos and tutorials which you can access from your mobile or computer from anywhere
- Once the training is complete, there is an online examination which you can take from anywhere
- Once you clear the exam, you get the license to become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP)
Why Mintpro’s Point of Sale Person (PoSP) programme is better?
There are various advantages of becoming a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) with Mintpro which include the following –
- You get a wide variety of products of different companies to sell. This improves your scope of earning
- The eligibility requirements are easier
- The training is simple and is flexible to undergo
- The syllabus is short and the exam is simple to clear
- You get complete online support from Mintpro to become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP), to sell insurance policies and also to offer post-sales services to your clients.
So, you can sell ICICI insurance plans even as a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) along with enjoying the above-mentioned advantages.