LIC is one of the most popular life insurance companies in the market. People have trust on the company because it has been in existence for a very long time. LIC offers a range of life insurance plans suitable for different needs of individuals. From pure protection plans to savings and investment plans, LIC has a plan for everyone. You can become an agent LIC and sell its plans to your contacts. The plans you sell would earn you an income in the form of commissions.
How to become LIC insurance agent?
To become an insurance agent and sell insurance policies of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LICI) you have to appear and clear an examination which is prescribed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). You have to take a classroom training of 25 hours to understand the syllabus and then appear for the exam. Only when you clear the LIC agent exam you would get a license to act as an insurance agent.
Know about LIC agent exam
- ● There is a prescribed syllabus for the exam which is given in IC38. You have to understand the concepts of insurance, how insurance works and other technical details to be able to clear the exam.
- Which among the following would you recommend in order to seek protection against unforeseen events?
- Transactional products like bank FDs
- Which of the below cannot be categorised under risks?
- Dying too young
- Dying too early
- Natural wear and tear
- Living with disability
- How is the complaint to be launched with an insurance ombudsman?
- The complaint is to be made in writing
- The complaint is to be made orally over the phone
- The complaint is to be made orally in a face to face manner
- The complaint is to be made through newspaper advertisement/
- Which of the below death claim would be treated as an early death claim?
- If the insured dies within two years of policy duration
- If the insured dies within five years of policy duration
- If the insured dies within seven years of policy duration
- If the insured dies within ten years of policy duration
- Who bears the investment risks in case of ULIPs?
● The exam is taken online at specified centres. You have to visit the centre and then take the exam.
● There are 100 questions each of which contain 1 mark each. You need at least 40% marks out of a total of 100 marks to clear the exam. If you are wondering what would be the types of questions, you can find some samples here. (Interlinking with sample questions mentioned in Insurance agent certification course). Some sample questions (with answers in bold) are as follows -
The LIC agent exam is quite comprehensive and might be a bit difficult for you to crack. There is another option which lets you sell LIC insurance plans. Let’s see what the alternative is
Why is LIC agent exam required?
LIC agent exams are required because of the following reasons -
- The exams are made mandatory by the IRDAI
- The exams test the knowledge of the examinee in the concepts of insurance. It ensures that the prospective insurance agent knows the field in which he/she is considering to build a career. As such, the exams ensure that only knowledgeable individuals can get the license to sell insurance policies to customers.
The Mintpro exam
What is Mintpro?
Mintpro is an online platform which allows you to become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP). By becoming a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) you can sell insurance policies of LIC and other companies as well.
What is a Point of Sales Person (PoSP)?
A Point of Sales Person (PoSP) is also a type of agency prescribed by IRDAI guidelines under which you have to undergo training and take an examination. The training is for 15 hours through video modules which are easier to understand. The prescribed syllabus for PoSP exam is shorter and There are video modules to help you understand the syllabus easily. You can see the PoSP syllabus here.
After completing the online training, you can appear for an online examination on Mintpro’s platform itself. Once you clear the examination, you can become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) with Mintpro.
As a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) with Mintpro, you get the license to sell LIC policies online in a convenient manner.
Why Mintpro exam is better?
Exams conducted by Mintpro have a lot of benefits which include the following -
- The examination syllabus is shorter than IC 38. It is easier to understand too.
- The exam is online and can be taken from your computer or your Smartphone from anywhere. You do not have to visit specified examination centres.
- The exam gives you a license to sell life and general insurance policies.
So, to sell LIC insurance plans, you can either take the IRDAI prescribed agent or the simpler MintPro exam. The choice is yours.
Know more about How to sell LIC policy.
Know everything about How to sell insurance?
I was always afraid to appear for exams but cracking the Mintpro exams were a simple affair. I was able to clear the exam on my first attempt and got a license to become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP).
I has appeared for LIC agent exams earlier but did not clear them. However, when I tried Mintpro’s exam, I cleared it on the first go. The exam was simple and easy
I wanted to become an LIC agent but LIC agent exams were always a problem. Mintpro gave me an easy solution through its online exam which was easier. Thank you Mintpro
I am a working professional and did not have the time to sit for LIC agent exams. Mintpro’s exam allowed me to take the exam at my convenience and that too from my office. I cleared the exam and became a certified LIC agent.