A brief about LIC
LIC was established in the year 1956 after the Life Insurance Corporation Act was passed in June, 1956. Ever since then, LIC has been the leader in the insurance industry. Though other private companies were allowed to enter the life insurance market in the year 2000, LIC still has the largest customer base. Customers have faith on LIC and therefore buy LIC policies quite easily. That is why many individuals become an agent with LIC to sell its policies and earn attractive commissions for themselves.
Do you too want to become an LIC agent?
How to become an LIC agent?
To become an agent with LIC you have to clear an exam prescribed by the Insurance Regulatory and development Authority of India (IRDAI). This exam covers an extensive syllabus which is prescribed in IC38. To pass the exam you have to score at least 40% marks. Training is provided by LIC to help prospective candidates clear the online exam. Here is what the questions look like.
To prepare the candidates on the type of questions which they can expect in their online examination and for practice, LIC mock tests are available online. These tests help candidates get a grip on the format of insurance examinations. By taking the mock tests the candidates can judge how prepared they are to crack the insurance agent’s exam.
Here are some sample questions of LIC Mock Test along with their respective answers in bold
Q1 ) The claim payment is made in the form of periodic payments under which type of policy?
- Unit Linked Insurance Policy
- Term Insurance Policy
- Return of Premium Policy
- Money Back Policy
Q2 ) Select an option as an example of standard age proof?
- Village Panchayat Certificate
- Ration Card
Q3 ) A policy holder can return it and get a refund a newly taken policy during _______ period?
- Free trial
- Free look
- Free evaluation
Q4 ) In relation to an insurance policy, what does the term “premium” denote?
- Price paid by an insured for purchasing the policy
- Profit earned by the insurer
- Margins of an insurer on a policy
- Expenses incurred by an insurer on a policy
Q5 ) What does a policy lapse mean?
- Policyholder discontinues premium payment for a policy
- Policyholder completes premium payment for a policy
- Policy attains maturity
- Policy is withdrawn from the market
Benefits of LIC Mock Tests
Mock tests have various benefits which is why they are used by aspiring LIC agents. Such benefits include the following -
- The tests give candidates the feel of the actual exams taken by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
- Candidates can test their grip on the insurance syllabus by taking mock tests
- Mock tests also let candidates know the structure of the agent exam
Know more about LIC agent exam.
Selling LIC plans
Only after the candidate clears the IRDAI exam and scores a minimum of 40% marks can they sell insurance plans of LIC. A license is issued in the name of candidates who clear the IRDAI exam. This license authorises them to sell life insurance products offered by LIC
Mintpro - A smart option to sell LIC plans
Mintpro also helps you in selling LIC plans. Here’s how –
- Mintpro provides complete online support to candidates to train and appear for examinations making them licensed Point of Sales Persons (PoSPs).
- The syllabus to become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) is simplified and easy.
- Using the Mintpro app you can take a simple 15-hour insurance training either on your computer or your Smartphone. Thus, training can be taken on-the-go and then there is a simple exam which is also online.
- Unlike LIC examinations which are to be taken at specified centres, Point of Sales Person (PoSP) examinations can be taken anywhere at your own convenience.
- Once you clear the exam by scoring a minimum of 40% marks, you get a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) license. The license helps you sell LIC policies and also specific policies of other different companies. Thus, instead of becoming only an LIC agent, you become an agent of multiple insurance companies at the same time.
- Moreover, you can not only sell life insurance plans but also general insurance plans like health plans, motor insurance plans, etc.
- Mintpro also has mock tests to prepare you for the exams beforehand so that you can clear the exam at the first attempt itself. Even if you fail in your first attempt you can try again and again till you clear the exam and become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP). For instance, you can find a sample module video at training video here. You can get a general idea on how the training modules are designed by Mintpro to be simple and easy to understand.
So, choose Mintpro, become a Point of Sales Person (PoSP) and get the freedom to sell LIC plans and plans of other life and non-life insurance companies too.
Know more about How much will I earn selling insurance?
The mock tests helped me prepare for the exams. I cleared the insurance exam in my first attempt itself.The mock tests helped me prepare for the exams. I cleared the insurance exam in my first attempt itself.
Mock tests let me practice my knowledge before sitting for the exam. I was able to clear the exam easily
Miintpro’s mock tests were really educating as they made me understand the structure of the exam. The multiple choice questions were easy to answer and I practised on the mock tests before appearing for the exam.
Mock tests are a great way to test your knowledge and Mintpro’s mock tests helped me clear my insurance exams easily.