Insurance as a career option for students
Education is an important phase of everyone’s life as it lays the groundwork for the individual’s career. That is why students don’t have a full time job. However, students look for part-time jobs wherein they can earn money without compromising on their studies. Selling insurance is one such lucrative career choice for students. It has the following benefits –
Benefits of selling insurance for students:
- Students can earn attractive income while working in their free time. There is an unlimited earning potential as an insurance intermediary.
- Moreover, students can establish their own business and become their own boss
- They can become financially independent and can pay for their own education
- They can also support their family financially
For whom is insurance sales a good opportunity
If you have the following qualities can become a good insurance intermediary -
- If you have the fire to become an entrepreneur, selling insurance is the right choice
- If you believe that you are a good salesperson, you can sell insurance
- If you have good communication skills you can use them to sell insurance
- If you are a go-getter, you can sell insurance and earn handsomely
How to sell insurance policies
Students can become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) with Mintpro and sell insurance policies online.
Eligibility to become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP)
- Students should be aged at least 18 years to apply for a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) license
- They should have cleared at least Class 10 to have the necessary educational qualification to become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP)
If students qualify on the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, they can become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP). All they have to do is the following –
- Register themselves on the Mintpro website or app and provide their KYC documents
- Once registered they have to take a training of 15 hours. The training has been simplified through video modules which explain the concept of insurance in simple terms
- After training the student is required to take an exam which is prescribed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The exam is taken online at any flexible timing
- Once the exam is cleared students get a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) license. They can then sell insurance policies
Know about Insurance agency certification course
The benefits of becoming a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) with Mintpro
- As a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) students can sell different types of insurance policies which can be life insurance, health insurance, motor insurance, travel insurance etc.
- They can sell insurance policies of different companies on a single platform providing variety to their customers who can compare the plans before buying
- The policies can be sold online using the Mintpro app. Thus, it becomes convenient to sell the policies from home or any place else
- The records of all the plans sold, the commissions earned, etc. can be maintained on the Mintpro app. Thus, the whole insurance selling process is simplified
- There are no fixed working hours while at the same time an opportunity to earn attractive commission on the policies sold.
How can you begin selling insurance?
If you want to start your career in insurance sales, you have to approach your contacts. Every individual has a need for an insurance policy. You just need to show them the need.
- You can sell bike /car insurance policies to your friends, relatives and family members who own a car or a bike
- Health insurance policies are also very important. You can sell them to your friends and relatives
- Life insurance policies can be sold to your family, friends and relatives
Who said a student cannot earn? Even if you are a student you don’t have to depend on your parents for financing your education and lifestyle needs. You can become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) and earn for yourself. Since there is no limit to the earning potential, there would not only be the pocket money which you would be making. You can even finance your higher education. Wouldn’t you want that?
So, students can join Mintpro and become a Point of Sale Person (PoSP). They can start their career in insurance, earn money and become financially independent. The process is simple too and doesn’t require too much time.
Know more about How to become an insurance agent?
Know about How much you will earn selling insurance
I am working as a Point of Sale Person (PoSP) along with my studies. The income I have earned has not only paid for my lifestyle needs, I am also able to support my father to pay for my education
Mintpro’s PoSP program is a boon for students like us who can earn in their free-time by selling insurance policies. I have sold five policies and have already earned INR 8000. Thank you Mintpro
Selling insurance as a part time job gave me the Much needed financial assistance to complete my studies. I am into graduation and my insurance business is helping me pay for my education
I wanted to be financially independent and so I joined Mintpro as a PoSP. Even though I am a student I am able to earn my own pocket money by selling insurance policies. Thank you Mintpro for the help.